Oysters are well-known as aphrodisiacs which are famous for boosting one’s sexual drive and male fertility due to high zinc levels. Consuming a mere 15mg of oysters a day, reportedly helps you to repair the sperm damage caused by environmental and chemical factors. feeling like some fancy fertility food? This hot appetizer is served on the half shell for an elegant presentation. The ground red pepper lends a subtle heat to the breadcrumb topping.
- 1 1/2 (1-ounce) slices wholemeal bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese $
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 8 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 3/4 cup.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onions, parsley, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in fresh breadcrumbs, Italian breadcrumbs, and the next 4 ingredients (Italian breadcrumbs through black pepper). Place oysters on a jelly roll pan. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over oysters.
- Bake the oysters at 450° for 7 minutes or until the edges of the oysters curl. Serve with lemon wedges.
Try our other male fertility recipes.