Every culture has a beans recipe, and for good reason – beans supply a high dose of fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and are low in sugar – all essential for male fertility. This recipe includes other male fertility foods such as peppers, garlic, and the healthy unsaturated fats from olive oil.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Poblano mild chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for around 30 minutes, or until liquid is reduced
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, make brown rice according to package directions.
- Serve the bean mixture on top of the rice.