That’s the lazy way out. If you put a little more time an effort into the process, you can make the best fish tacos you’ve ever tasted at home.
The following recipe, devised by chef Giuseppe Tentori, uses a roasted garlic marinade to give already hearty mahi mahi even more of a backbone. Then, he cuts the richness of the marinated fish with a crisp, tangy cabbage salad and adds a kick of heat with an easy-as-all-hell chipotle mayo. Chicharrones (pork rinds) and salty, porky crunch.
Who’s your FryDaddy, now?
GT Fish Tacos
Recipe by Giuseppe Tentori, executive chef of GT Fish & Oyster and BOKA in Chicago
What you’ll need:
1 head garlic
2 tsp olive oil, plus additional for blending
Pinch dried oregano
Pinch dried thyme
1 ¼ lb. mahi mahi
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ head napa cabbage, shredded
2 cups arugula
Salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
18 corn tortillas
Chicharrones and lime wedges, for serving
How to make it:
1. First, make the roasted garlic marinade. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Peel the head of garlic to remove excess layers. Slice off the top of the garlic head just enough to expose the garlic cloves. Drizzle with the 2 tsp olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast until the cloves are browned and soft, about 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Squeeze the roasted garlic from the cloves into a blender or food processor. Add the oregano and thyme and blender until smooth, adding additional olive oil as needed.
2. Marinate the fish in the roasted garlic marinade for at least ½ hour and up to 12 hours.
3. Preheat your grill to high heat or heat coals until white and ashy. As the grill heats, make the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, and salt and sugar, to taste. Set aside.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the mayonnaise and chipotle. Set aside.
5. Remove the fish from the marinade, season it with salt, and grill it over direct heat until cooked through and opaque, about 5 minutes on each side. Briefly grill the tortillas over direct heat until pliable, about 5 seconds on each side.
6. In a medium bowl, toss together the cabbage, arugula, and reserved lime vinaigrette. Season with salt.
7. To assemble a taco, line a tortilla with grilled fish, drizzle with chipotle mayo. Top with a small about of salad and chicharrones. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 18 tacos.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source : Men’s Health
Keep Cool with Snowballs.