But you can make delicious meatloaf without the use of ketchup or bread (or a hairnet!) by sticking with really good ingredients.
Great meatloaf is nothing more than quality meat, bound by egg, and bolstered with additional flavors. For that reason, great meatloaf also makes a great burger. Or, in the case of Ralph Brennan’s meatloaf sliders with Tabasco mayo and crispy onions—lots of great mini-burgers.
Next game day, cook this recipe and give meatloaf the respect it deserves.
Meatloaf Sliders with Tabasco Mayo and Crispy Fried Onions
What you’ll need:
1 Vidalia onion, sliced very thin
1 cup all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten, plus 2 whole eggs
1 cup canola oil, plus 2 Tbsp
½ large yellow onion, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 tsp dried thyme
½ Tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Slider buns, halved
1 cup mayonnaise
Tabasco, to taste
How to make it:
1. Make the crispy onions. In a large skillet, heat the 1 cup canola oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Place the flour and the 2 beaten eggs in separate shallow plates. Dredge the sliced onions in flour, followed by the beaten eggs, and then once more in the flour. Place the onions into the oil, working in batches if necessary, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the crispy onions to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
2. Make the burger mixture. In a medium pan, heat 1 Tbsp canola oil over medium heat. Add the minced onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine the cooled onions and garlic with the beef, pork, thyme, salt, pepper and the whole eggs. Shape the burgers into ten 4-ounce patties, about 1-inch thick.
3. Cook the burgers. Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high. (Turn on your exhaust fan and open a window.) Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of canola oil, swirl the skillet, and add the burgers, cooking in batches if necessary, until well seared, about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
4. As the burgers cook, toast the slider buns and make the Tabasco mayo by combining the mayonnaise and Tabasco, adjusting the amount of the hot sauce according to your heat tolerance.
5. Assemble the sliders. Spread Tabasco mayo on the top and bottom of each bun. Place the seared burger patty on the bottom bun, top with crispy onions, and close the burger. Makes 10 burgers.
Try our other male fertility recipes.
Source : Men’s Health
Keep Cool with Snowballs.