When a couple reach that time in life where they are ready to expand their family it is often the women who spends time worrying about her diet, her lifestyle and her overall fertility. Meanwhile the man often gets overlooked. But what are the signs of male infertility? What causes a low sperm count? Luckily enough, there are ways to increase sperm count and male fertility naturally, with no drugs, no doctors, and no harmful side effects.
Men don't seem to particularly enjoy discussing their sperm count, and it is certainly not the hottest topic at the bar. Maybe we are avoiding a dreaded doctors visit? Or we just don't like the idea of having our fertility questioned? Thankfully we can recognise some signs and symptoms in the comfort of our own home (without being poked and prodded by some stranger in scrubs).
Let's start with the basics. If you are consuming excessive alcohol? Not good. Drinking amounts of caffeinated beverages? Not good. Smoking? Really not good. Using drugs like cocaine and marijuana? Really, really not good.
How about physical factors? It's probably no shock that men who are fit and healthy will always have higher concentrations, motility, and vitality of sperm than those who are not. But sometimes occupational issues also come into play also – jobs that require the use of toxins and pesticides can, over time, lead to male infertility.
getting your sperm count tested is one way to know exactly what problems a man may be having with fertility. Unfortunately, the treatments involved are usually risky and often have harmful and unwanted side effects. Hormone replacement therapy, increasing FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) levels, and the administration of testosterone are all viable methods for helping increase sperm count fast. But these techniques involve changes to the man’s body that could leave unwanted effects long after a baby is conceived. And if conception takes longer than expected? The male will need to endure these treatments for that much longer also.
Before undergoing this process, it’s wise (and cheaper) to consider how you can increase sperm count naturally, through the use of dietary methods and proven herbal supplements. These, when combined with some specific exercises, can dramatically increase the quality and quantity of the male ejaculate. Below are just some of the factors that can be improved through the use of natural healing methods:
* Volume – Increasing the volume of semen will go a long way toward increasing chances to getting pregnant.
* pH – Understand how high acidic levels within a man’s body can actually kill spermatozoa cells. There are natural ways to lower your pH levels in a direction that will favor conception.
* Density/Population – This is the measure of how many sperm cells are located within a set amount of seminal fluid. The higher the density, the more concentration of cells, and the better the chances of fertilization.
* Motility – Highly active sperm cells will always swim faster and more vigorously than those with lower motility. By improving this factor you can up the chances of pregnancy by more than half.
* Morphology – Every sperm should conform to the usual, normal specifications of this standard type of cell. Some do not. Having poor morphology will decrease the chance of these cells ever reaching the egg, simply because they’re not of the optimal shape and size. Better morphology equals better swimming.
* Vitality – Millions of sperm are released during the male orgasm, and one by one, they all eventually perish. A higher vitality means these cells will live longer, last longer, and therefore have a better chance of making their way up the fallopian tube to reach the ovum. Find out how boosting vitality will boost male fertility.
Vitamins can also help, but some can actually be detrimental to getting a woman pregnant. It’s important to know which ones you should be taking, and which should be avoided at all costs. But no matter what you do, the male should try to take a natural approach toward getting his body ready for fathering a child: physically, mentally, and herbally.